Bletchley Grammar School opened in 1956 and local man Duncan MacFarlane attended the School during the 1960s and he was soon selected for the school rugby team. At this time there were strong links between the Grammar School and Bletchley Rugby Club. The Club saw opportunities to develop during the 1960s based on the influx of players from the Grammar School, of which Duncan was one, and from the expansion of the Bletchley area in general. Second and third teams were set up and results on the field were good. Duncan played for the Club from 1965 through to the late 1970s.